Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tea with the Humans

Mr. and Ms. Whimsy Beading are creatures of varied and incongruous tastes. It's a mixture of the exquisite and the horribly trashy with these two, like an opera performed at a monster truck rally.

Sometimes, though, they manage to go places that don't offend my sophisticated sensibilities. Like the fabulous Greentree Tea Room in Lexington, KY. The Whimsy Beadings have a standing tea date with another couple once a month.

This last time, they took me along, so I could class up the joint with my wonderful presence and savoir faire.

Here I am arriving for our reservation:



I examine the menu with the eye of a true gourmand...



...and Ms. Whimsy Beading says my stinky hide is stinky enough (really! How dare she! I used her favorite soap to wash up!), so she didn't give me any of her soup.

I did get some of her oatmeal scone, some of her frittata (She gave me the mini corn for good table manners. It was yummy.), and the nice gentlemen servers made sure I had my own cup of tea. No lemon, though. Can't abide lemon in a good Earl Grey tea.

After that, the buffet course was called. I decided to mooch some food from Mr. Whimsy Beading, so I moved in on his plate of tea sandwiches. I liked the Harvest Vegetable Pinwheel best, but the humans both liked the Olive Nut sandwich best.

I got some of Ms. Whimsy Beading's Pumpkin Roll, but what I liked best of the buffet desserts was the Bourbon Chocolate Pots de Creme.

Last, but certainly not least, each diner was served their own Hot Apple Spice Cake.
Ms. Whimsy Beading asked for a doggie bag to take hers home. I wrote "Angus Bag" on it when she wasn't looking. I don't think she fell for it, though.

If you're in the Lexington, KY area, make Greentree Tea Room a stop on your itinerary. Who knows? You might just see me there, examining the charming antiques, or having a nice game to pass the time before the next fabulous repast.

Save me a scone!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment